7 Important Things To Do If You Suspect You Have Coronavirus Symptoms. As the number of coronavirus cases and causalities increases here in South Africa, it’s important to know what to do if you think you have the virus. For starters lookout for the most common symptoms of coronavirus disease being fever, tiredness, and dry cough.
1. If you are mildly sick with COVID-19 symptoms you can isolate at home. It’s important to wear a mask at home and separate yourself from the others who live there.
2. Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough, sneeze or blow your nose and then immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
3. Make sure to clean high-touch surfaces daily, like counters, computers, phones, toilets and doorknobs. Let someone else clean and disinfect surfaces in common areas, but not your bedroom and bathroom.
4. Do not share dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, or bedding with other people in your home. If you share utensils by default, wash them thoroughly with soap and water.
5. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis. By so doing, you won’t infect other people you are riding with. If possible avoid moving around until you are on the clear.
6. Get help immediately if you have trouble breathing, persistent chest pain or pressure, new confusion or bluish lips or face. Make sure you call before you get medical care.
7. Do not panic! Remember the flu season is upon us, and what you have might be just flu. Also there are reports of many recoveries around the world and in SA as well.