Huddah’s ex-bae Apocalypse Bella will be in police custody after he was arrested by FBI and will be charged with participating in a fraudulent scheme to obtain over Ksh1.5b ($14 million) in Government-guaranteed loans designed to provide relief to small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Apocalypse – real name Dias Yumba – was arrested on March 18, 2021, in the Eastern District of Virginia. The case is assigned to U.S. District Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein, the US district attorney announced in a press statement.
His co-defendants were also arrested; Mackenzy Toussaint a.k.a Mack and Amos Mundendi a.k.a Mos a.k.aEl Ashile Mundi.
FBI ASSISTANT DIRECTOR WILLIAM F. SWEENEY JR. SAID: “AS ALLEGED IN THE INDICTMENT, THE DEFENDANTS, IN THIS CASE, ARE CHARGED WITH FRAUDULENTLY SECURING LOANS INTENDED TO HELP HONEST SMALL BUSINESSES AND THEIR EMPLOYEES DEAL WITH THE PANDEMIC’S ECONOMIC EFFECTS.”
“OUR ACTIONS SHOULD SERVE AS A REMINDER OF OUR STEADFAST COMMITMENT TO BRINGING JUSTICE TO THOSE WHO WOULD SEEK TO ILLEGALLY LEVERAGE GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS FOR SELFISHLY PERSONAL GAINS. THESE DEFENDANTS NOW FACE A PERSONAL RECKONING – THE RESULT OF WHICH MAY BE AN EXTENDED STAY IN FEDERAL PRISON FOR EACH OF THEM.”
Here are 5 things you did not know about Apocalypse Bella.
- The Congolese came to the limelight in 2015 after photos of him partying with Huddah went viral.
- The two love birds both shared photos hanging out together in Uganda and Paris online. However, as soon as they were linked together they both deleted any evidence of having hang out together.
- The self-proclaimed self-made self-paid millionaire lives large and a look at his Instagram page gives you a glimpse of who he is.
- Apocalypse was a close friend to the late Ivan Semwanga, the CEO of Rich Gang and even attended his burial in 2017.
- He was linked to many popular celebrities and musicians due to his love for the luxurious life.