It is a woman’s dream to walk down the aisle, one of the happiest days in one’s life.
What man does not fancy settling down with the love of his life, having kids and growing old together?
Perhaps things have changed and a lot of factors leading to the young generation viewing weddings differently but weddings are beautiful.
An important day in an individual’s life where true love is sealed.
With that said let’s jump to some of the most memorable celebrity weddings in the country:
1. Anne Waiguru and Kamotho Waiganjo– This has got to one memorable celebrity wedding of the decade.
Kirinyaga governor got married to her city lawyer sweetheart Kamotho Waiganjo last year at a colorful traditional wedding that attracted big names such as President Uhuru Kenyatta, Former prime minister Raila Odinga, Sports CS Amina Mohammed, Waiguru’s critic PS Karanja Kibicho, Rachael Shebesh, Senator Ledama Ole Kina, former Nairobi speaker Beatrice Elachi, former Vice president Kalonzo Musyoka just to mention a few.
The two met back in 2009 in Likoni, Mombasa County and later on Kamotho tried to win her over with frequent messages and calls.
The efforts definitely paid off as the governor said ‘I do’ in Kiamugumo primary school, Murang’a county where the wedding was held.
However, deputy president William Ruto was a no show at the wedding as he was touring Tharaka Nithi County.
2. Anerlisa Muigai and Ben Pol– These two have always been the talk of the town after they revealed that they were dating.
The Keroche heiress and bongo star Benpol were inseparable and decided to take things to the next level in Tanzania where the two got married in may, 2020.
In the midst of the two sharing their love and happiness then followed a tragedy that is still stirring controversy following the death of Arnelisa’s sister Tecra Mungai who died in the same month the two lovebirds got married.
3. Nameless and Wahu- When it comes to relationships then Nameless and Wahu are couple goals and how can we even try to forget their wedding which was all over the media?
Musicians Nameless and Wahu tied the knot in a beautiful wedding at Lake Naivasha, an event which was covered by the media.
4. Janet Mbugua and Eric Ndichu- Backlash were unleashed on this wedding but true love and joy was shared on this very day.
Janet Mbugua and hubby Eric Ndichu tied the knot at a colorful event in Chaka ranch, Nyeri County.
An invite only wedding in which the media personality said ‘I do’ when heavily pregnant with their first son Ethan Huru Ndichu.
What followed was heavy criticism from fans who seemed too bothered with the fact that the bride had not worn a bra on her wedding day.
5. Cate Kamau and Philip Karanja- How can we even fail to add these two celebrated thespians on the list who just celebrated their third wedding anniversary.
Phil the director walked down the aisle with the love of his life Kate the actress at Windsor Hotel on 17th of November 2017.
Kate on Tuesday took to her instagram account to advise ladies on over spending during weddings and opt for traveling the world with your man instead.
The two later went on a honeymoon in Seychelles which the actress admitted was costly that they had expected but however had so much fun.
6. Emmy Kosgei and Anslem Madubuko– This has got to be one of the fanciest of weddings we have witnessed from our celebrities.
Gospel musician Emmy Kosgei and rich husband took things to a whole new level after they astonished fans with their extravagant weddings.
Yes, heard that right weddings, not just one but three weddings.
Two right here in the country which was made up of a traditional wedding at Emmy’s home and a church wedding at the Windsor Golf club.
The last wedding was a church wedding in Lagos, Nigeria.
7. Dennis Okari and Naomi Joy- After the nasty break up with her ex-wife media personality Betty Kyalo, investigative journalist Dennis Okari decided to give love another chance.
And seems all went well after he married Naomi Joy at an invite only wedding at Ridgeways Baptist church in Kiambu.
8. Nyashinski and Zia Bett- These two lovebirds have always kept things low-key.
I mean who even knew that Nyashinski was engaged right?
The news of the two getting married got fans off-guard as the two held a traditional wedding at Zia Bett’s home in 2019.
9. Jalang’o and Amina Chao- Kiss FM presenter Felix Oduor alias Jalang’o may be outspoken but he managed to hide his relationship very well from fans.
The news of the comedian tying the knot came as a surprise to fans who did not even know the existence of his wife Amina Chao.
Jalas got married at an invite only affair with the seemingly popular traditional wedding theme.
10. Suzanne Kihika and Sam Mburu- Team mafisi had to swallow a bitter pill after beautiful politician Susan Kihika was officially off the market this year.
2020 wasn’t such a bad year for these two as they decided to make their relationship official by having a traditional wedding.
The Nakuru senator looked stunning in her gold embroidered gown as Deputy President William Ruto whom they are close led in the dowry negotiations. Other politicians present included Kapsaret MP Oscar Sudi and the Malindi MP Aisha Jumwa.