Little is known about Citizen TV news anchor LuLu Khadija Hassan.
The Swahili media personality is known for her sense of style and great grasp of the language.
Here are things you did not know about Lulu Hassan.
1. Together with her husband, Rashid Abdallah, they have a company called Jiffy Pictures that are responsible for TV’s most popular soaps opera, Maria. The production hous is turning out to be the biggest one in kenya they have over 5 TV shows being broadcasted in various TV stations.
The other shows are Pete, Sarafu, Kovu and Huba among others.
2. Lulu has an exotic heritage. She was born in Mombasa County to a Kikuyu mother, Mariam Abu, who had both Seychellois and Kikuyu roots. Sadly, her mum passed away in 2007.
Lulu is the first born in a family of three girls.
In a past media interview, Lulu said,
“IT WASN’T DIFFICULT TAKING MY SISTERS TO SCHOOL SINCE MUM LEFT US WITH SOME WEALTH. SHE HAD A REAL ESTATE BUSINESS WHICH I BEGAN MANAGING UPON HER DEMISE. I’D BEEN HELPING EARLIER, SO IT WAS NOT DIFFICULT TO TAKE OVER.”
3. Lulu initially trained to be a cabin crew hostess but a chance to get a job in radio opened doors for her now extensive and elaborate career in media.
4. Lulu is married to fellow newscaster Rashid Abdallah and together they have three beautiful children.
5. Lulu escaped with her life after being involved in a road accident that left her with hip injuries.
This was back in 2010.