Migori governor Okoth Obado is once again in the news for the wrong reasons after he and his kids were arrested over corruption allegations.
It’s alleged that he and the kids through different companies embezzled over Ksh.73 million public funds.
Below are things you did not know about the governor whose scandals override his performance.
- He is aged 63.
2. Married to Hellen Obado.
3. He is a father of four namely Achola Dan Okoth, Susan Scarlet Okoth, Jerry Zachary Okoth and Evelyne Adhiambo Zachary.
4.He was in 2018 arrested over the murder of his then pregnant girlfriend Sharon Otieno. He spent almost two months in remand.
5. Obado is the first democratically elected Migori governor. His term has been marred by scandals.
6. Governor Obado is a Kenyatta University graduate, he holds a Bachelors Degree in Education. He also holds a Masters Degree in Strategic Management.
7. He has in the past taught sciences at Rapogi secondary school.
8. This is not the first time governor Obado has been accused of corruption.
Away from politics Obado likes keeping his family away from the limelight but that is no longer the case as they were all arrested alongside him.
The kids keep a low profile even on social media platforms and not much is known about them.