Waiganjo Mbiyu Koinange on Thursday passed away in a road accident. Although he comes from a prominent family, he lived away from the limelight.
Below are things you did not know about him.
1- He is the son of the late powerful Cabinet Minister Mbiyu Koinange, he is also related to media personality Jeff Koinange.
2. He got married to Rita Nduku Muthusi in 2015 at the Butterfly Pavillion, Mombasa.
3. Mr Waiganjo’s death comes exactly 39 years after the death of his father on September 3, 1981.
4. He died after his car, a range rover rolled on Mau Narok-Nakuru road as he drove to his home after a tyre burst.
5. Waiganjo was a prominent farmer in Mau Narok and leased his land to smallholder farmers from Nakuru and Nyandarua
6. He once turned down a Sh300 million-offer to lease the land to five Chinese investors for the entire Muthera farm, which is more than 4,900 acres.
5. He is a father of one, a daughter whom he fondly referred to as his Princess.
May he rest in peace and may his young family find the strength to overcome their loss.
Loosing a loved one is not easy.