Ever taken weed? We all know that it comes with some ‘high’ effect but it can also make us do stupid things we might regret later.
Jalango in a session of the Morning Kiss which he co-hosts with Kamene Goro revealed that he and his friends used to hide in the washroom to smoke weed.
This was during his time in high school.
‘I WAS GOING THROUGH A PROBLEM AND A FRIEND SAID THEY WOULD SHOW ME A ‘SOLUTION.
THE SOLUTION TURNED OUT TO BE WEED.
WE WOULD GO TO THE TOILET AND THE IDEA WAS FOR US NOT TO BE CAUGHT.
WE WOULD PUFF THEN GO OUT A CHECK AND SEE IF THE TEACHER IS COMING.
THE SECOND PUFF WAS OK BUT AROUND THE 8TH PUFF IS WHEN THINGS STARTED TAKING EFFECT.” JALANGO SHARED
Well we can only imagine the stupid things Jalango did after that.
Different people react differently to weed.
For some it does not have much of an effect but to others it makes them shed off their fears.
Below are some of the short term effects of weed
- Short-term memory problems
- Severe anxiety, including fear that one is being watched or followed (paranoia)
- Very strange behavior, seeing, hearing or smelling things that aren’t there, not being able to tell imagination from reality (psychosis)
- Loss of sense of personal identity
- Lowered reaction time
- Increased heart rate (risk of heart attack)
- Increased risk of stroke
There are however long term effects that mainly occur if weed is taken for a long time.
- Decline in IQ
- Poor school performance and higher chance of dropping out
- Impaired thinking and ability to learn and perform complex tasks
- Lower life satisfaction
- Relationship problems, intimate partner violence
- Antisocial behavior including stealing money or lying
- Financial difficulties.
Have you ever taken weed and what your first experience?